O-1 Visa for Extraordinary Ability in Motion Picture or Television Production
Extraordinary ability in the fields of motion picture or television production is defined as follows:
"a very high level of accomplishment . . . evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition significantly above that ordinarily encountered . . [and] . the person is recognized as outstanding, notable, or leading . . ."
A foreign national can demonstrate that he or she has achieved recognition in the motion picture or television production field by showing that he or she has been nominated for or received significant international or national awards such as an Academy Award, an Emmy, a Grammy or a Director's Guild Award. The individual can also demonstrate that he or she has achieved recognition by documenting that he or she meets at least 3 of the following criteria:
- The individual has performed and will perform services as a lead or starring participant in productions or events which have a distinguished reputation.
- The individual has achieved national or international recognition in the form of critical reviews or other published materials in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, or other publications.
- The individual has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes.
- The individual has received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts in the field.
- The individual has commanded or will command a high salary or other substantial remuneration for services in relation to others in the field.
Contact Our San Diego Immigration Law Firm if You Need Assistance with an O-1 Visa
Chawla Law Group of San Diego works with foreign nationals seeking O-1 visas for extraordinary ability in motion picture or television production in San Diego, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay / Silicon Valley area, and throughout California. We are also happy to work with select clients elsewhere in the US and throughout the globe. Contact us by completing our online information form, calling (858) 586-0700, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.